RN 7 - Les Barestes
83480 Puget Sur Argens
Tél. : 04 94 45 66 11
Fax: 04 94 45 68 23
Created in 1985 by Pierre Lasnier, MétéoMer has concentrated its activities mainly on the metocean
analysis and forecasting , world wide, for the following marine activities :
- Oil industry and assimilated,
- Marine engineering : naval construction, port ...
- Trans-oceanic race
We perform every days the following provisions :
- Accurate weather forecasts for special operations : heavy lift, pipe laying, drilling FPS, routage of towed structures ...,
- Field measurements : waves, current, tide, wind ...,
- Measurements of barge motions,
- Metocean sites studies : statistics, extremes conditions, hindcasts of particular events, analysis of events durations...,
- Diffusion of a world wide climatological atlas using satellites data : CLIOSat .
Answer your world-wide specific requests on operational metocean parameters :
Marine meteorological and swell forecasts : real time assistance to all marine activities,
- Field measurements : waves (DATAWELL directional buoys), current, tide, wind ...,
- Measurements of barge (or towed structures) motions,
- Operational metocean studies :
- construction of satellite metocean data sets on any specific open sea or nearshore location,
- use of SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) images for :
- the controlled modelisation of waves propagations from the open sea to a nearshore location,
- the analysis of internal waves, current fronts and local oceanic circulation.
- analysis of metocean data and prediction of design parameters, especially from GEOSAT, ERS and TOPEX-POSEÏDON satellite measurements,
- determining environmental loads in the three main domains of structural engineering - static behaviour, fatigue loading and dynamic responses (average and extreme directional wave spectra),
- hindcast studies of storms, specific or typical events,
- preparation of shipping routes and marine operations : optimisation of routes and starting dates, determination of parameters defining ship design, construction of temporal series of wind and wave parameters for the calculation of workable periods according to operational thresholds,
- determination of local metocean parameters (wind, sea state and current) for hindcast or real time assistance to marine pollution or accidental loss of floating structures.
- Word-wide climatological atlas using wind and waves satellites measurments : CLIOSat